09 February 2009

Xian IDF

Already a few years ago, we were told that about 20% of the IDF takes it's oath on the "New Testament." There are those who so worship the armed might of the pretend-Jewish state that they openly advocate for automatic citzenship for anyone who will do military service.

It's not like there is a manpower shortage. But, be that as it may, a recent JPost article emphasizes the danger of this way of thinking...

Son of a preacher man

'Fredrik" recently finished basic training in the 51st Battalion of the Golani Brigade. Together with thousands of other soldiers, he is waiting on a base a few miles from Gaza, ready to be deployed in case the cease-fire collapses. The only difference is that he is not an Israeli citizen, or even Jewish. He is a 29-year-old Swedish Pentecostal Christian.

...IDF conscription office in the summer of 2001, where he explained that he wanted to join the IDF. He received a resounding no for an answer, since he was not a citizen, nor Jewish. He was not even a legal resident, only a tourist.

"That was when I first heard of Sar-El, an IDF volunteer program. You essentially become a jobnik." Between 2002 and 2005 Fredrik spent a total of a year and a half as a Sar-El volunteer, mostly as a tank mechanic. The rest of the time he worked odd jobs in Sweden to support himself in Israel. "Finally, after endless petitions, I got temporary residency." He immediately went back to the conscription office, but was told that he needed permanent residency to be eligible for the IDF.

Fredrik worked odd jobs here for more than two years, doing everything in his power to make his dream come true. "When it was time to renew my residency, I felt that it was now or never. I wrote to everybody I knew and used all the contacts that I had made in Sar-El."

And finally, in the summer of 2007, he was granted permanent residency. "As soon as I had received my blue identity card, I walked straight from the Interior Ministry to the IDF conscription office." All those years of persistence finally paid off and Fredrik was admitted to Golani, the brigade he had aimed for all along. In March he started training.

...He has always been completely honest about his Christian faith and says that it has never caused any problems or conflicts with his fellow soldiers. "I feel especially close to the religious Jews in my unit. They say that I have an interesting relationship with God," he says with a smile. "I think we challenge and inspire each other. They know a lot of Talmud, while I know more Bible. It triggers them to learn more, and their knowledge triggers me to learn more, but at the same time I respect their faith completely and they respect my faith completely. We are not trying to change each other. And there is a lot we have in common. On Saturday evening when the guys gather to sing as Shabbat departs, I sing with them. We sing to God together, we sing our hearts out. I feel the Holy Spirit so strongly when I join them."

A commenter posted:

21. Golani Soldier made in Sweden... Kol Hakavod, please listen Yisrail, ther are so many more like him in the west, those that have grown up with the shoah reminders, the personal links to the victims etc. There are many that would do the same if given the green light, you would have your army airforce and navy doubled in a year, all those bring their professional skills with them, create a military branch for us and we will come and defend, let us live in the territory gained after the campaign, & contribute to the Nation of Yisrail. Personally I am willing to forfeit my marriage & my life. Chaim Yisrail, Baruch Hashem
Everett Eijeriks - new zealand (02/08/2009 02:33)


The world is already aware, at the soul level, that Israel is rising among the nations and they are all hot to climb on board, by whatever means. There is a Torah-prescribed method for that, but they want to enter through the back door, not the halachic one.