13 April 2017

Redemption Begins With the First Step Out of Egypt

17 Nisan 5777
Erev Shabbat Kodesh
Chol HaMoed Pesach
In every generation it is one's duty to regard himself as though he personally had gone out from Egypt, as it is said, "And you shall tell your son on that day, saying, 'It is because of this that God did for "me" when I went out of Egypt.'" It was not only our fathers whom the Holy One, Blessed is He, redeemed from slavery; we, too, were redeemed with them, as it is said, "He brought us out from there so that He might take us to the land which He had promised to our fathers." (Devarim 6:23) ---The Passover Hagadah
Twenty-one years ago this Shabbat, I arrived with my family on aliyah to the Land of Israel and, by God's grace, have never left even once. For this double blessing, I will be forever grateful to HKB"H!

3 comments:

  1. Please daven for those of us with diaspora-challenged families. I have never wanted to make aliya so much as I do now, and I pray that Hashem just scoops me up and takes my whole family there, as sometimes the decision is not up to us. Just putting that out there in writing, and maybe Hashem will hear my cries and take me there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, Rachel... i am putting it out there for HaShem to hear from my mouth to His Tender Ear!!! Please take my whole family and myself to Israel.... We know, pray and believe He hears us... somehow, someway... please HaShem... remember all those who love and trust in YOU alone...

      Delete
  2. I made aliyah almost 4 years ago and could have wrtten the same post 4.5 years ago. It had seemed at that time like getting through a brick wall. H heard my cries...I started the aliyah process...gathering docs, etc... And davened. By the time it was "time" I had done all the physical hishtadlut! Hold on to Hshem...if u need some support u can get in touch with me thru Devorah. Shabbat Shalom and Chag Sameach!

    ReplyDelete